Wednesday, May 20, 2009

True Explorers



This week I am honoured to introduce two real-life explorers of the push-bike kind: Mr. Pete and Ms. Daniela. Recently I was doing research into a possible jaunt up to Nordkapp, I came accross Mr. Pete's blogge. And as I was reading it, it dawned to me that he was actually cycling in Finland at the moment! So I dispatched an Elektronik Message to him, inviting them to stop by if/when they reached Helsinki. My motives were not totally altruistic, of course, since I figured I could get some first-hand information about push-biking in the Finnmark...
They did reach Helsinki eventually, and I showed them around town a bit. They then sailed south to Estonia to continue their south-ward expedition.
I tip my (top)hat to them and heartily wish them the best of luck, and many puncture-free miles!!

Paddlewick, Esq, Society Hospitality Coordinator

No comments: