Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to Brisbane

My push-bike finally in the Tropics. The Moderate Zone starts 5m to the left.

The Bicyckle Expedition has finally come to a conclusion. All said & told, I logged in 1000kms, pedalling the pushie as far north as Yeppoon. From Yeppoon I did a day-trip to the Great Keppel Island, spotting some Hump-Back Whales on the way, and playing with Turtles along the Island's reef.
Later I rode back to the Beef Capital of Australia, Rockhampton (picture above), to catch a 12-hour Auto-Bus ride down to Brisbane. My first flat tire occured in Brisbane, as Wensworth and I were fetching some food from a near-by restaurant!
This concludes my reporting, but I am sure to weave a yarn or two later on, to interested listeners, along with a dram of good whisky or port.

Untill then, good luck and godspeed!
Paddlewick, Esq.



Koala making friends in Hervey Bay

No comments: