Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Münchestein

Greetings, fellow Society members!

This time I shall report about Bawaria, Tirol, und Liechenstein. Recently an esteemed school-mate from the past called up, and asked if I would accompany him to Münich. After checking my calendar, and realizing I've never been to said city, I replied in the affirmative.
So early one morning we found ourselves outside München, acquiring ourselves a rental carriage:


Sir Eppu behind the wheel


My main goal was to check up on some contemporary architecture. On the top of my list was Ye Olde Olympic Stadium, and a brand-new BMW showroom, as well as a new Synagogue. We thence set out to explore the town. In the rather thick fog we stumbled upon the odd, distinct hanging tents of the Olympic Stadium:



It was too foggy to even see the top of the Olympic Tower!
On the other side of the road, the Bayerische Motor Werke had just last month opened a state-of-the-art showroom facilities:

The old(er) BMW HQ tower in background,
the new BMW Welt in foreground


Outside the "tornado"...


...meanwhile inside, Sir Eppu
inspects a carriage...



No comments: